Proper wound management is crucial for optimal recovery following surgery. Our team of registered nurses will work closely with you to ensure that your wound is properly cleaned, dressed, and monitored for signs of infection.
Wound Management & Optimal Recovery
As part of our wound management care, we will also provide detailed instructions on how to care for your wound at home, including how to change dressings and monitor for signs of complications. With our expert care and attention, you can rest assured that your recovery is in good hands.
Why Bandages and Dressings are Important
Bandages and dressings cover and protect surgical wounds from infection and further injury. They also control bleeding and promote healing. Your surgeon will give instructions on how to care for your incisions, and your nurse will instruct you on how to independently care for these incisions.
How to Care for Your Wound
In addition to keeping the wound clean, it’s also important to check for signs of infection, such as redness, swelling, warmth, or increased pain. You should also avoid exposing your wound to direct sunlight and avoid strenuous activities that could cause the wound to open or bleed.
Benefits of Private Nursing for Wound Care:
- Personalized attention and one-on-one care
- You receive more time and attention than you would in a hospital setting
- Specialized training and experience in wound care
- Make you more comfortable during the healing process
- Provide pain medication and help with physical therapy
- Create a care plan that fits your schedule and lifestyle
- Provide wound care from the comfort of your home or hotel
- Provide you with peace of mind, knowing your recovery is in expert hands
- Reduce the risk of cross-contamination and infection
- Maintain a direct line of communication with your doctor